Sunday, August 31, 2008

PORTUGAL...a trolly ride, more sidewalks and saying goodbye

Yay! Trollies! I'm telling you, San Francisco is a total rip off of Lisbon (or the other way around, but I have a feeling many of these buildings have been around a hell of a lot longer than SF)

So here's the view from my trolly ride:

From Lisboa, Portugal


From Lisboa, Portugal


From Lisboa, Portugal


The sun sets on my trip to portugal...sad

From Lisboa, Portugal


From Lisboa, Portugal


Loving the train station:
From Lisboa, Portugal

From Lisboa, Portugal


Just when you think you've seen every kind of transportation...theres a freakin gondola (really tiny...see it?)

From Lisboa, Portugal


So I took a quick shower (at my wonderful couchsurfing host's apartment) before heading to the train station for an overnight train to Madrid. It was harder than I thought it was going to be to say goodbye to Lisbon:




There was one last video opportunity on the way to the train station:
(i think i was just in a really good mood)





The overnight train ride was long and restless and I woke up in Madrid with no real plan for getting to Granada, but in my best Spanish I navigated my way from one bus station to another until I found the one that would take me (for very little money) to Granada...

...

No comments: