Friday, August 22, 2008

Are you getting as tired of this blog as I am?

Just some things around the house...

From China, part II


this is where i slept:
From China, part II


its wierd, they have these wooden things everywhere to sit on and to sleep on. its more comfortable than it looks:
From China, part II


From China, part II


Oh, this was funny...while i was waiting around the tailor shop to get my pants made, i saw this:
From China, part II

translation is a tricky business...it would probably sell better without the word "excrement" on the side

WARNING: This is the "americanization" of China at work. The family came with me to pick up the pants i had tailored, which was awkward because what i spent on pants is like a months salary (even though for me it was an awesome deal). So that was hard to explain. Then we walked past this new mall thing which is all Apple stores and Nike. It felt like home to me, but the wide eyed looks on their faces meant this was whole different world. I don't think I can explain it, but it impacted me a lot

From China, part II


interactive games are not part of the normal daily chinese shopping experience.

From China, part II


From China, part II


From China, part II


minus the chinese characters, this looks a lot like a fashion mall in any major US city.
From China, part II


I read this sign, but having been on the bus in china, i know i'm the only one
From China, part II


i could not have lived without this phone (thanks kendra!)
From China, part II
(it's so cute!)

They made me wear this really fashionable things all over the house:
From China, part II

No comments: