Saturday, August 23, 2008

My last day in Beijing

So, of course, after all the rain, the sun finally comes out on my last day in Beijing.
From China, part II


this is the view from the apartment where I stayed
From China, part II


The family I stayed with really were the nicest people, it made me sad to leave.
From China, part II


Their generosity is only overshadowed by their hospitality. Their daughter spoke english and the parents were "learning." so many of our evening dinner table conversations would get translated back and forth...i learned so much.

From China, part II


Volunteering during the olympics was a really special thing and there was an obvious sense of pride for everyone who participated. (Someone even told me that the young people who were volunteering at important events, like the opening ceremonies, would sleep with their credentials on!) That's why I was so surprised and touched when she wanted to give me her other volunteer shirt (she had two and this one was still in the package.) But then, I was sad that I was leaving because think of how funny it would have been if I had walked around Beijing wearing this and people asking me questions in Chinese about where things were and how to get from here to there...lol!

From China, part II


From China, part II


Zai jian, Beijing!

No comments: