Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don't walk. Run.

It's time to fess up too about this little H2H thing I've been foolish/smart enough to sign up for. http://www.hoodtocoastmovie.com/

On August 26th I'm going to disconnect by brain from my feet and just will them to run 7 miles, 4 miles and another 4 miles in 24 hours from Mount Hood to the Pacific Ocean with 11 of my nearest and dearest friends and strangers.

For all that transparency has to do with accountability I'm also using this blog to keep myself honest about training and pretending to train for a 15 mile race while traveling around the world.

I've had the best two running months of my life in March and April (both speed and distance came easier to me than they ever have before) but I've taken two weeks off to give my right quad a break. I've been pretty excited that my old running injury friends have kept quiet so far, but this is a new one so I'm trying to be cautious.

Two pathetic runs this week have left me feeling like all those good running days never happened. But I know it takes a few runs to get back into it, so today- I should have hit the pavement, but an overzealous squats marathon on Sunday has me waddling all over town today with super sore butt cheeks, so a good wake up call and an excuse to run tomorrow instead.

At least I'm being honest.

No comments: